Wednesday, April 6, 2011

28 - The Beach

Dictated, not typed

The most unforgettable time I remember is the first time I went to the beach. I went to the beach when I was nine years old in the summer on a hot sunny day.

One hot Friday it was in March. It was also spring break. My dad, grandma, grandpa, uncle Miguel, and I went to the beach. The beach was called Seaside Coast. We drove in a truck. The drive was about six or seven hours. When we got there, it was already sunset.

My grandma and I went to the office to get a room. My grandma got a room with three beds. Grandma and grandpa slept in the bed. My uncle Miguel slept in the other. Then my dad and I slept in the third bed. We settled in the room. And in the room there was a microwave, coffee pot, to use, and refrigerator. Then we went to Safeway to get some food for dinner.

When we came back we had Chinese food, cookies, and ice cream for dinner. After dinner we got washed up to go to bed. When everyone was sleep I stayed up and walked to the window to see the beach. The waves looked beautiful at night because the headlight out there if anyone was out there. Then I decided to watch TV for two hours until midnight. Then I went to sleep.

The next morning we went out to the beach. I made a sand castle and I got to walk in the water and collect sea shells. I saw purple shawl that I liked, but there was already a snail living there. My dad took the shuttle and boiled the snail out. Then a few hours later we went back home.

2 comments:

  1. Dear #28,

    I really enjoyed reading your piece because I am from the East Coast and I also have many fond memories of the beach. I loved the feel of the sand, the cool water on my feet, and the sunshine. I LOVE the sunshine. I like that you were very descriptive in some parts of your piece. For example, when you described the room and what was in it. I would suggest perhaps writing more details about the beach itself. Do you remember certain sounds, or certain smells? I also, as a habit, always end a piece such as this with something more powerful than your ending sentence. Perhaps with a question to your audience, or an ending that leaves the memory of the beach in the readers mind instead of you heading back home. I hope that makes sense.
    Great job!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful story! I have always loved the ocean, especially the way it sounds at night. Isn't that the BEST? ^_^ I love collecting sea shells and you just never know what you're going to find, like the purple shawl.
    Your trip sounds like so much fun, staying in the motel and eating food from Safeway. That's what we do, too.
    Thank you for sharing your story with me.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete