Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cynthia - My Worst Experience

Note - Dictated, not typed

My unforgettable experience of school is when I got a white slip. I got a white slip for not listening to the teacher and for talking. I got three white slips. In five years I've not gotten a white slip until this year. This year I have changed. The past five years I used to be really shy. And this year I have been much less shy. Mostly I've been talking to my friends, when I'm not supposed to talk to them. That is one of the reasons why I got a white slip.

The other reason why I got a white slip, was when I wasn't paying attention to the teacher. When Ms. Luria was giving instructions, I wasn't paying attention. When she was done getting the instructions I didn't know what to do. Ms. Luria Knows when you're not paying attention. When she knows that you're not paying attention and she stares at you. Then she calls on you and ask you what she just said. While she asked me back, and I got a warning, so I got my name on the board. Later that same day I started talking with my friends when I wasn't supposed to, and the other white slip.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cynthia,

    I enjoyed reading your piece. It was well written, and to the point. The only thing I would add is what a white slip means. Does it mean you get in trouble? Do you miss recess? Do your parents get called? I would explain the consequences.

    I do think it’s great that you’re less shy. That always helps make school a lot better of an experience. Sounds like you have a smart teacher. My teachers always did that to me too as I often got caught talking in class and not paying attention.

    Great writing!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, can I relate to this story! I was a talker in school, too, and I frustrated quite a few teachers--even my Biology teacher in my senior year in high school. She said that she kept moving me to sit next to people who never talked at all and within a few weeks, I had them talking, too!
    I think the whole point of the white slips is to make you think harder about talking. It is very distracting to everyone and like you said, you end up not knowing what you are supposed to do. ^_^ There's a time and a place for talking. I eventually had to learn that, too.
    Life is all about learning and knowing how to change our behavior when we need to. You don't need to feel bad about the white slips. They taught you a lesson and now you can move on!
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete