Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eric - My worst experience

Dictated, not typed

The most unforgettable experience I had was in first grade. My teacher was the meanest teacher of all time. She gave me 21 referrals and I got expelled 24 times. She was especially hard on Abdul. Abdul got 30 referrals and 100 think sheets. Le got 8 referrals and 43 white slips.

She never let us have things that rot our teeth like chocolate milk. She always called me stupid and always made me call home. She was always nice to this kid named Max. He was the smartest kid in the class, and everybody hated him because he was the only one that got a compliment every day.

At the last day of school she expelled me because someone had a food fight and she blamed me. I was grounded for a week, and two months passed. Then a second grade. So my new teacher and it was Mrs. N. I was really happy! The starting of the year went great. Except in November me and my two friends missed the bus and walked home. We got in trouble for not informing a teacher that we messed it. I had to miss two months of recess. I was also banned from the Xbox early, but my dad put it for a day. There were two talent shows that year and I was in both. For the rest of the year everything went smooth and easy. Lastly I now regret going to first grade and I'm not happy about it.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Eric,

    I remember when I was younger. I felt like I always getting in trouble for no reason. How frustrating! I like your attention to detail and how you remember how many referrals you got, and I assume it was your friends got. What I would recommend is either broadening your “unforgettable experiences” to getting in trouble when you were younger, or just sticking to one incident. For example: Your sentence started out saying that your experience was in first grade. You described it well, although I would perhaps explain if those were your friends or classmates you were talking about, and then you continue to discuss second grade and stray a little bit from your initial topic.

    I do remember how hard it was to be young, get grounded, and miss fun things. Keep up the good work!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I can totally understand your frustration. I had a really bad teacher in fourth grade. She used to hit the boys a lot. And I got kept after school for every little thing.
    I feel bad that you had a bad teacher in first grade because you were so young. The good news is that most teachers are not like that. You've probably learned that by now.
    Our lives are made up of good things and bad things. No one has a life that is all good. It's how we deal with things and with people that make us what we are, so don't let that bad experience make you bitter. Let it go and be glad it's over! ^_^
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete