Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Le - Penguins

Scanned, not typed


Penguins are fascinating animals. This story is mostly about a tragedy that happened to Penguins in march soon. Penguins are really nice animals to me and they are good swimmers They would be even more fascinating to me if they could fly but they can't . In fact, one of my favorite movies is about a penguin which is called happy feet. Now, it http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifis time for a sad tragedy that happened in March 2000. Did you realize that - a huge, iceberg that was about twice the size of Delaware broke off.

The penguins weren't able to access theirs feeding ground because of the ice that blocked it. In 2001 of July, there was an island that about - twelve hundred male penguins were taking care of - their eggs, another large iceberg broke off and crashed the, island. That crash caused the female penguins to not be able to come to their nesting area.

When winter ends every year, around 400,000 emperor penguins travel about 2-70 miles across - the ice to the breeding area. It seems - to
The waddle when they walk they still walk faster then us, penguins mostly are dressed black and white. They can hold their breath for 20 minutes while we can hold ours for 10 seconds.

They use stones and put them in then crop which helps them float on water, they are not afraid of humans but. Are endangered by oil spills and water pollution. They have their own computer game called club penguin. She penguin skipper, kowalski, private, and. Rico are penguins in Penguins
of Madagascar.

This is why penguins are fascinating animals to me and I hope join think their fascinating also !

2 comments:

  1. Dear Le,

    I don’t know much about Penguins at all. I enjoyed your writing because you gave factual information. You gave a few facts about the penguins, and talked about an event that happened as well as described a movie and a game.

    What I would recommend is starting off your piece with a little more structure. For example, in the first paragraph say something like “ Penguins are fascinating animals for several reasons. First, they are…., Second, they are…. Etc. Your story jumps around a little bit, and most of that can be solved with opening the story with a clear direction. I think the overall point of your story is why you are fascinated with penguins, so to say that your story is about a tragedy is a little misleading.

    I personally love to see the penguins at the zoo. I like their little waddle!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry to hear about those icebergs breaking off and preventing the penguins from taking care of their baby chicks. I guess disasters happen to penguins, too, and not just to people.
    What I liked about this story was your enthusiasm for penguins. They ARE very cute animals, aren't they, all dressed up in their tuxedo-like suits? I'm glad that you like them so much. ^_^
    Thank you for sharing your story with me. You did a great job on it.
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete